ACLCP Policy Statement 0004
Research, Program Design and Publication Grants
- Section 1: Purpose
- The Associated College Libraries of Central Pennsylvania recognizes research, program design and publication as ways that librarians and library staff members can advance the profession. Another way in which ACLCP can meet the needs of its members' staffs is to provide some financial support for these endeavors.
- To this end, the ACLCP Governing Board has established this program whereby research and publication grants for up to $400 per individual are awarded for costs incurred pertinent to the work of the applicant and the goals of ACLCP. The maximum amount of funding available for this program in any given year is $4000. There is no limit to the amount of individual awards made per institution.
- Section 2: Criteria
- The applicant must be a permanent staff member of an ACLCP institution and submit an application outlining the purpose of the research or publication, and the endorsement of the applicant's library director.
- Applications for grants must be submitted to the Executive Committee for consideration. The Executive Committee will review all requests at its regularly scheduled meetings. Applicants should submit their grant applications to the Secretary no later than 30 days before any meeting. Executive Committee meeting dates are posted on the ACLCP Web site.
- The review process will be a "blind" one. The Secretary will separate the cover sheet from the rest of the request so that the Executive Committee will not know the originator of the request.
- Awards are made at the discretion of the Executive Committee. Preference will be given to requests that benefit ACLCP as a whole. The Executive Committee will make every effort to award grants in a timely fashion.
- Research and publication grants are intended for direct support of scholarly research intended to result in publication, performance, or appearance in some other peer-reviewed forum.
- Grants may also be used to support conference participation (including travel) where the faculty member is presenting or commenting on a paper, chairing a session, or participating in the conference in some other official capacity. Please provide appropriate documentation to demonstrate in what capacity you will serve.
- Grants may also be used to support program design that could be replicated at the ACLCP institutions.
- The grant must be used within 12 months of its award. At least one year must pass between the receipt of one grant and the next by any individual.
- Each recipient will be required to prepare a brief report of his or her experience for posting on the ACLCP Web site.
- He or she must submit the paid invoices and/or receipts to the Treasurer for reimbursement.
- Grants are only awarded for future activities, no retroactive grants will be considered.
- Those who have received the maximum allotment in any given year may have a lower priority in the current funding year.
- The Executive Committee will maintain the records of all awards for four years.
Application: Research, Program Design and Publication Grants