ACLCP Policy Statement 0005
Continuing Education Grants
- Section 1: Purpose
- The Associated College Libraries of Central Pennsylvania recognizes continuing education as one of the organization’s particular strengths. Our conference programs, workshops, and discussion group activities are seen as a prime value. Another way in which ACLCP can meet the continuing education needs of its members’ staffs is to provide some financial support for those individuals to participate in other events.
- To this end, the ACLCP Governing Board has established this program whereby continuing education grants for up to $400 per individual are awarded for tuition or fees incurred for classes or workshops pertinent to the work of the applicant and the goals of ACLCP. The maximum amount of funding available for this program in any given year is $4000. There is no limit to the amount of individual awards made per institution.
- Section 2:
- The applicant must be a permanent staff member of an ACLCP institution and submit an application outlining the purpose of the workshop or class, the endorsement of the applicant’s library director, and a program description.
- Applications for continuing education grants must be submitted to the Executive Committee for consideration. The Executive Committee will review all requests at its regularly scheduled meetings. Applicants should submit their grant applications to the Secretary no later than 30 days before any meeting. Executive Committee meeting dates are posted on the ACLCP Web site.
- The review process will be a "blind" one. The Secretary will separate the cover sheet from the rest of the request so that the Executive Committee will not know the originator of the request.
- Awards are made at the discretion of the Executive Committee. Preference will be given to requests that benefit ACLCP as a whole. The Executive Committee will make every effort to award grants in a timely fashion.
- The grant must be used within 12 months of its award. At least one year must pass between the receipt of one grant and the next by any individual.
- Applicants may not use grants toward credit for a degree. Grants will not be awarded to attend ACLCP sponsored events.
- Each recipient will be required to prepare a brief report of his or her experience for posting on the ACLCP Web site.
- Once the individual has paid for the program, he or she must submit the paid invoices and/or receipts to the Treasurer for reimbursement.
- The Executive Committee will maintain the records of all awards for four years.
Application: Continuing Education Grants
Adopted by Governing Board, June 1, 2001