ACLCP Policy Statement 0006
Guidelines for Vendor Proposals to ACLCP
- Section 1:
- Typically ACLCP does not purchase services from vendors as a consortium. Rather, ACLCP entertains and makes know to member institutions proposals initiated by vendors, ACLCP committees, institutional members, or individual members which the Executive Committee views as of value to the consortium.
- ACLCP does not provide billing or invoicing services for services purchased by ACLCP institutional members.
- At the request of member institutions, the ACLCP Executive Committee will entertain and review proposals twice a year (once every spring and fall semester). Please check the current schedule of meetings to see when the committee meets.
- Section 2: Proposal to ACLCP Should Include:
- Contact Information:
- Vendor Name, Address and URL
- Name of Vendor Agent/Representative including telephone, fax and e-mail
- Name of Contact person for technical support (who should be aware of the proposal) including telephone, fax and e-mail.
- Information about the Product or Service:
- Please describe the product or service and how it would be of value to either individual or institutional members.
- Purchase or License agreement?
- In particular, include information concerning:
- If electronic, can the product/service be restricted by IP number and/or IP range?
- If electronic, can the product utilize a patron ID system such as a barcode to gain access outside a given set of IP numbers?
- Frequency of updates/supplements.
- Is there a listserv for this product or service? If so, what is the address? Are discussions archived, if so, where?
- Pricing Information:
- Please include a pricing model that would accommodate various levels of institutional participation (or individual if applicable) and what measure is being used (Institution vs ETC, etc.) to determine those levels.
- Institutions or individuals currently using the product or service (include address, phone, fax or email of the contact person).
- Institutions considering use of the product or service
- Deadline for acceptance of the proposal.
Adopted by ACLCP Executive Committee, Fall 1998